O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 236 days ago
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Specialist, Legal Services - Contract ServicesOverview:
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for Mastercard. Consistent with the One LFI model, GBSC is partnering with the Law and Franchise Integrity team to build a legal shared services function. The GBSC team is predominantly co-located in a collaborative working environment in the heart of the MasterCard Technology Operations headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Select regional hubs exist to provide additional scale and agility. The GBSC provides services to all regions and all business units spanning 50 countries.
The Sr. Specialist, Contract Services serves on a team of contract negotiators within the broader GBSC Legal Services team. Reporting to the Director, Contract Services, this position will perform end to end contract services and be accountable for delivering positive customer experiences and efficient business results.
• Does the pursuit of excellence appeal to you?
• Are you committed to customer service?
• Do you enjoy solving legal and business problems?
• Are you passionate about identifying and implementing process improvements?
If so, keep reading as this might be the perfect role for you.
• You will perform end to end contract preparation and execution processes for assigned portfolio of transactions, beginning with receipt of requests for contract generation through contract signature
• Receive contract requests and conduct triage to ensure adherence to established business policies, processes and procedures
• Review, draft and negotiate routine vendor and commercial contracts including confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, software license agreements and related support service agreements, consulting services agreements, and other agreements routinely used in financial and information technology service sectors
• Ensure that all agreements are prepared, revised and executed in consultation with the business unit client and other subject matter experts, and in accordance with approved policies and playbooks
• Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, policies and procedures
• Provide superior customer service according to the GBSC standards in terms of quality, response time, resolution time and adhering to Service Level Objectives
All About You:
• Bachelor’s degree, combined with relevant experience required. JD or other advanced education a plus
• Solid legal and business acumen, sound analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage workloads involving tasks of varying priority and complexity
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on collaborating with key legal and business stakeholders to negotiate and confirm legal and business contract terms
• Advanced negotiation skills
• Ability to recognize when to escalate and when to exercise independent judgement and discretion in reviewing/ negotiating contracts
• Demonstrated strength in customer focused service orientation
• Knowledge of European, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin or Caribbean legal systems and business practices a plus