The objective of this position is to lead Epson America’s employee communications efforts, including overseeing our weekly internal e-newsletter (EAI NEWS), managing our employee website and developing communications material for Epson senior executions that is delivered to Epson employees, including speeches and presentations. Epson America includes programs for North and South America.
- Establishes an internal communications strategy in conjunction with executives, public relations, human resources and MarComm teams
- Creates and develops employee communications to ensure all Epson employees understand, embrace and are able to articulate Epson America’s brand pillars to their external partners and affiliates.
- Where necessary, advises on communicating organizational initiatives and projects to employees Plans, edits and writes content for EAI News and oversee volunteer editorial team
- Drafts messages or scripts as-needed for executive team
- Ensures internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and departments of the organization
- Ensures internal and external communication messages are consistent and complimentary Manages Focused Giving program in coordination with advisory team
- Contributes to the development of external public relations assets (case studies, press releases, presentations, etc.) as needed
Program Development and Maintenance
- Contributes to the development and execution of communications programs for EAI that meet organizational objectives (e.g., corporate communications, media relations)
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify, implement and track metrics to evaluate program effectiveness
- Collaborates with other MarComm management to develop synergies between groups to deliver consistent messages to external stakeholders
Builds strong relationships with peers, other departments, and managers to best meet company goals and objectives
External Job Description
Responsible for helping develop and execute Corporate Communications, including internal and external initiatives that support core Epson America and marketing communication strategies. Contributes to internal communication and Public Relations efforts to meet corporate and marketing objectives and ensure consistency in EAI communications.
Collaborates with/Key Customers including EAI Senior Management, Human Resources, Public Relations, Product Management, Marketing Communications, Social Marketing, and SEC Corporate Communications.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Must have 5-8 years of experience in an employee communications role for a Fortune 2000 company. Background in writing, public relations and journalism is preferred
- Demonstrated writing experience is required. All candidates will be required to submit writing samples
- Experience in a technology company is highly desirable
- Experience in a matrix organization with a broad product line in consumer, commercial and industrial markets is preferred.