During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems has an opening for a Senior Specialist, Electrical Engineering to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palm Bay, Florida. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 6+ years of experience OR
- Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline and 4+ years of experience OR
- Experience with FPGA design and implementation for SATCOM systems
- Experience with VHDL development for Xilinx platforms
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance with SSBI
- Experience with fixed-point digital math functions, linear algebra, floating point data structures, multivariable calculus, estimation theory, detection theory, probability and statistics, control theory (feedback systems and tracking), phase array processing, and communication theory
- Solid understanding of signal processing concepts; experience with Digital Signal Processing operations and optimization (FIR filters, Up/Down sampling, convolution, correlations…)
- Understanding of Communication theory
- Experience with designing and implementing Signal Processing models and Communication models in matlab or C/C++
- Proficiency in Matlab, Python, and C/C++
- Experience with lab integration; proficient with the use of the following types of lab test equipment: Signal Generators, Logic Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Signal Analyzers, Noise Generators, Digital Oscilloscopes
- Excellent 2-way communication (upwards and downwards)
Job Code: SIS20182106-25462