Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Embedded firmware design engineer will be a member or leader of a cross functional team with hands on responsibility for all phases of the FPGAfirmware development process from requirements definition through integration and testing of completed product. Responsiblities will include system/firmware analysis, architecture definition, high-level design, detailed design, implementation, testing/verification, documentation, and government certification of embedded FPGAs for radio or other communications products. Requires the application of the principles and techniques of engineering and mathematical analysis.
- Responsible for research, design, and development of FPGA programmable logic systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Responsible for verification using System Verilog or experience with Object Oriented programming with an interest in learning how to apply this to Universal Verification Methods (UVM).
- Design, implement, simulate, test, and maintain FPGA designs for advanced tactical radio equipment.
- Analyze requirements to determine feasibility of design within schedule and cost constraints.
- Consult with electrical engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces between hardware, programmable logic, software/firmware, and operational performance requirements of the overall system.
- Develop and conduct FPGA system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Perform VHDL/Verilog/System Verilog coding, timing analysis, constraint generation, test bench generation, test and integration of resultant programmable logic functionality.
- Perform software/FPGA/hardware component integration.
- Conduct/participate in design reviews.
- Identify, track, and repair defects.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience (4 years with an MSdegree) in FPGA HDL development and/or real time embedded object oriented C++ software development.
- 4+ years’ experience developing and testing FPGA designs implemented in VHDL, Verilog, and/or System Verilog.
- 4+ years’ experience in the overall FPGA development lifecycle including design, implementation, and verification.
- 4+ years’ experience with FPGA development tools and methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience producing FPGA development documents, such as design documents and test plans.
- 2+ years’ experience with verification methodologies such as UVM/OVM, including System Verilog functional coverage and System Verilog languages. Alternatively, 2+ years experience with Object Oriented software design and C++ language.
- Active Secret U.S. DOD Security Clearance (or inactive for less than 2 years).
- This position requires the candidate to already possess an active DOD Secret clearance (or a DOD Secret clearance inactive less than 2 years which can be immediately reactivated), and to maintain the clearance.
- US citizenship is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Thorough understanding of VHDL/Verilog/System Verilog languages and FPGA development tools and methodologies.
- Experience with Xilinx or Altera Quartus toolset, test bench generation and simulation, Matlab and ModelSim.
- Experience with design optimization for high speed data processing.
- Experience with designs for high speed processor interfaces and properly applying timing constraints to them.
- Familiarity with code and process management tools such as SVN and DOORS.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of design, implementation and test of software-defined radio systems.
- Must be able to quickly gain familiarity and modify existing designs to add new capabilities.
- Universal Verification Methods (UVM) knowledge or experience.
- Familiarity with System Verilog, Verilog, and VHDL.
- Object Oriented Programming experience.
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to operate with little supervision in diverse environments.
- A successful track record in planning, executing, and tracking personal task assignments.
- Experience leading small product development teams and mentoring other engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and debug FPGAs and related hardware/software issues.
- Cryptographic experience.
- Radio communications experience.
Job ID: CS20180712-29156