Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. Responsible for supporting environmental, health, and safety compliance programs at the Elkton site. Work closely with operating areas to assist with integrating EHS programs into daily operations to assure regulatory compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement, and meeting EHS performance objectives.
Responsible for water and waste water compliance, EHS oversight of engineering projects
EHS auditing, environmental reporting, installing and maintaining safety and environmental program elements.
Performsresponsibilitiesand addresses problems with limited supervision.
- Completes hazard assessments, process hazard analysis, life safety reviews, incident investigations, safety regulatory field analysis, reports and permit applications.
- Reviews processes, facilities, procedures and management of change documents to assure conformance to recognized EHS regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Provides support to client groups in completing injury/illness analysis, training, self-assessments and addressing specific EHS concerns as they are raised.
- With a thorough knowledge of EHS regulations and their applicability, develops EHS procedures, guidelines and training programs as assigned.
- Recognizes emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions.
- Develops and implements EHS strategies and action plans.
- Provides leadership to formation and sustained performance of action oriented EHS committees.
- Assure completion of all regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements.
- Experience with EHS regulatory inspections and advocacy.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired, concentration in Engineering, Science, Safety and Environmental, or other technical related disciplines.
RequiredExperience and Skills:
- 10 years applied professional EHS and / or related work experience.
- Advanced level of proficiency in the areas of environmental compliance, occupational safety, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Proficient with project management and problem solving.
- Emphasis on water / waste water treatment and management.
PreferredExperience and Skills:
- Relevant professional certification(s) preferred including P.E. and/or CSP.
Requisition ID: ENV000504