The Senior Infrastructure Analyst / Cable Plant Manager works at the highest systems level to provide advice and direction to users, management and IT project teams on network structured data cabling. Evaluates new technologies and develops departmental standard practices. Is able to engineer cabling upgrades and large scale structured data cabling designs. Is recognized as a technical leader within the department and organization, with emphasis on the structured data cabling environment. The candidate may be a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology projects or issues.
- Attend industry / vendor events on low voltage cabling trends and technologies
- Read industry journals
- Maintain TDA Low Voltage cabling standards documentation
- Review with contractors or internal TDA associates
- MPLS Migration – work with carriers, LECs and contractors to ensure TDA facilities are in place for the delivery of new circuits.
- Branch MAC – participate in project team to ensure cabling and equipment facilitiesinfrastructure are in place in new or renovated branch locations to TDA standards.
- Corporate Real Estate New Builds or Renovations - participate in project team to ensure cabling and equipment facilitiesinfrastructure are in place in new or renovated locations to TDA standards.
- Tour corporate office IDFs and review patch cabling for needed cleanup or changes to infrastructurerequired because of growth. Schedule time to do needed cleanup or improve infrastructure.
- Extensive structured data cabling experience within e-commerce or financial services industry.
- Strong understanding of network cabling infrastructure and physical planning, scheduling and installation of structured data cabling.
- Proficient in all phases of network cabling design and interface requirements, to include industry, structural, and electrical design requirements
- 5 years experience directly related to network and structured cabling infrastucture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills necessary in Word, Excel, Presentation, Project and Visio.
- Excellent people skills with ability to handle difficult personnel situations.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and processes.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ablility to document requirements and as-builts for current and future reference.
- Ablility to maintaining cable plant process and procedure documentation for maintaining the cabling infrastructure.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have an understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Certifications in the following courses:
- Registered Communications Distribution Design (RCDD)
- Building Industry Consulting Services Industry (BICSI)
- Standard Installation Practices Training (SIPT)
- Fiber Optic Cable Installation, Splicing, and Maintenance
- Quality Control and Procedures
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed