The Civic Engagement & Events Senior Specialist role for Blue Cross’ Corporate Communications + Citizenship team is an event management and production role responsible for executing the division’s events function. The Senior Specialist designs and implements in-person and virtual events that advance the company’s enterprise-wide communication goals and CEO engagement plan. This includes CEO Town Halls, Senior Leader/Associate Luncheons and Breakfast Series, and virtual CEO forums. In addition, the Senior Specialist manages all special events that support Corporate Citizenship’s overall strategy for community and associate engagement, including events to celebrate our associates’ commitment to volunteer service and community giving as well as events to convene our nonprofit partners. The Senior Specialist is also responsible for managing the logistics for BCBSMA’s signature, corporate-wide Service Day, which engages more than 3,100 associates in volunteer service in a single day. This highly visible role requires interacting withassociates at all levels of the company including executive management as well as leaders in the community.
- Manages execution of annual Town Hall and quarterly virtual forums with CEO including budgetforecasting, venue identification and selection, event branding, logistics management, vendor management, content and script consultation, and design and printing of meeting materials. S/he also determines technical, audio/visual, and lighting requirements for session and manages the full technical production on event day and during “dress rehearsals.”
- Manages Senior Leader & Associate engagement events; ensures programming is relevant to critical communications and employee engagement goals; determines schedule, topics, and participating senior leaders; manages event logistics including scheduling, catering, room set-up, and technical requirements. Drafts communications, talking points, and briefing memos as required to prepare senior leaders; creates and/or consults on development of meeting materials.
- Leads Corporate Citizenship’s reward and recognition events for associate volunteers and key community partners, including annual Excellence in Service Awards with200+ event attendees
- Serves as integral member of Corporate Citizenship team chargedwith executing company-wide Service Day engaging 3,100 associates in volunteer service in one day; oversees logistics for associates engaged in service at 55+ projects across the Commonwealth
- Develops and manages process for external nonprofit organizations to request space to host their events at BCBSMA including Board and committee meetings, fundraisers, etc. Works withnonprofit staff to implement approved events and coordinates logistics withinternal business partners including Facilities, Catering, and Security teams.
- Uses project management methodology to lead planning teams, committees, and cross-functional work groups to planevents, determine objectives, align logistics with objectives, establish budgets, and report on progress.
- Serves as primary contact for division in collaborating withother business areas responsible for supporting theevents function including Marketing, Hospitality Manager, Facilities team, and in-house Catering; serves as department resource with working knowledge of each building’s capacity to execute on event requirements including available space and layout, in-house A/V and IT equipment, catering options and pricing; s/he also serves as primary contact with external industry partners such as florists, musicians, venue operators and event rental companies
- Continually reimagines events to ensure fresh, compelling programming aligned with business area and corporate goals
- Conducts and delivers post-event debriefs and identifies improvement strategies when applicable
- Supports Corporate Citizenship goals to create sustainable and/or zero-waste initiatives by planning for donations or repurposing leftover event items such as food, décor, promotional items, banners, and signage
- Experience managing various corporate events, forums, and large-scale webcasts.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills, including the ability to take initiative, effectively plan work activities, work independently and as part of a team, and prioritize multiple projects and assignments
- Strong professional presence and public speaking skills; strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work effectively withinternal and external stakeholders, including executive leaders and members of the community.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate managing events that occur before or after the typical work day and on weekends
- Must have access to reliable personal transportation/ability to travel to and between BCBSMA sites, including travel to alternate locations external to BCBSMA, as required by job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; event management or associate producer from agency is a plus
- 5+ years of professional experiencepreferably in an event planning role