During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems has an opening for a Business Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rochester, NY or Palm Bay, FL. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
• Develop data visualizations (reports and dashboards) using Tableau Desktop Professional.
• Elicit data visualization and reporting requirements from management and users.
• Develop necessary database elements and collaborate with I/T or other data providers to obtain the data in an automated fashion.
• Provide training and support to new and existing user communities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Mathematics/Statistics, or related field with at least 6 years relevant experience.
• Experience with Tableau Desktop Professional or another business intelligence tool (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Qlik).
• Minimum 3 years of recent hands-on experience working with relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle)
• Experience developing complex SQL queries on large data sets.
• Strong analytic skills, including experience manipulating and interpreting large data sets to provide analysis and draw conclusions.
• Ability to solve complex problems by taking data requirements and turning them into innovative user solutions, drawing on prior experience and in-depth analysis.
• Experience completing assignments with general oversight, demonstrating ability to manage projects or processes inside and outside of immediate area.
• Abilty to establish rapport and collaborate with users, data providers, and management at all levels within an organization.
• Experience troubleshooting underlying ETL and SQL processes.
• Experience with Visual Basic, Python, or other high-level programming language.
• Advanced organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to comfortably adjust as priorities change.
• General knowledge of data required for several business functions, work flows, and operational standards.
Job Code: SIS20191902-30146