A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
With an escalating amount of debris encroaching on vital orbital domains and adversaries developing new technologies to threaten National Security Space systems, space is becoming an increasingly congested and contested environment. The Aerospace Corporation is looking for motivated and talented forward thinking engineers and scientists to join the team developing the next generation of resilient satellites. The Space Electronics Engineer will ensure that space electronics satisfy mission needs within the program schedule in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment. An innovative, versatile and self-motivated individual will be able to make a big impact in the emerging field of spacecraft survivability. Position located in El Segundo, CA
- Develop electronics components and subsystems from top-level requirements through development to deployment and beyond.
- Work directly with our government customers and their contractors to accomplish development milestones and manage risk.
- Select and guide Aerospace teams to evaluate designs, guide manufacturing, assess assembly and test, and solve problems.
- Develop recommendations for program actions based on your expert judgment and that of supporting subject matter experts.
- Present results and findings to senior Aerospace and customer leaders.
- Occasional travel within the US is required
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical discipline from a recognized institution
- 12+ years of increasingly responsible experience
- Strong experience space electronics or similar field
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using verbal presentations and written reports
- Experience on a development team for space electronics
- Experience leading projects with matrixed employees
- Experience working in or with a government program office
- Current Top Secret/SSBI/SCI is required. Additional customer security requirements apply
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- An advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Direct experience as a technical and programmatic lead for space electronics development
- Successful experience serving in a government program office
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and leadership with little management oversight