The Perduco Group, a LinQuest company, is seeking a Senior Space Operations Research Analyst to drive streamlined simulation-based analysis initiatives for the Air Force’s Research Lab Space Vehicles program. Qualified individuals will have a strong background in applied statistics, modeling and simulation, and space warfighting operations. The applicant will advise and lead a range of simulation-based analyses utilizing mission-level, multi-domain M&S frameworks.
The successful applicant will drive the design of consistent, all-domain, contested-environment, mission-level scenarios with space dependency built into the AFSIM framework. The candidate must collaborate with a range of organizations and customers to obtain necessary authoritative data, analytic techniques, and assumptions so that results from the above activities remain aligned with the OSD analytic community. Provide hands-on technical leadership and knowledge transfer as needed, in order to facilitate the successful adoption of technologies newly introduced into the AFSIM suite. Demonstrate technical ownership and accountability of decisions made.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7 years of experience and a Master of Science degree in operations research, industrial engineering or related (or 3 years of experience with a PhD)
- Experience leading simulation-based analysis of large/complex problems
- Expertise leading and mentoring geographically dispersed teams and development efforts
- Strong understanding of the space domain, operations, and capabilities
- Strong quantitative and analytic abilities to integrate and analyze data
- Hands-on technical drive and accountability
- Collaborates well with a diverse group of skill sets and backgrounds
- High motivation, creativity, and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communicator
- An active TS/SCI clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in DoD space warfighting operations, particularly related to SATCOM, PNT, space control, infrared surveillance, etc
- Experience with agile development processes
- Space Mission Engineering, Analysis and Design
- Applied statistical techniques leveraging high performance computing environments for very-large amounts of data
- Application of operations research techniques and supporting skills such as database query languages, design of experiment and response surface methodologies, scripting language programming, and development of appropriate models and simulations
- Simulation-based analyses using AFSIM, STK, or similar
- Astrodynamics, astrophysics, and/or orbital mechanics
- The starting salary for this position ranges from $130,000 to $160,000, depending on relevant experience and qualifications
- LinQuest offers comprehensive and competitive benefit offerings to our team members to include medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off, company paid life insurance, and more!