There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – join a great team where caring and committed people come together to make things better. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding, public, pet healthcare company that is well positioned for future growth, with a market cap of $6 to 7 billion and a stock that has outperformed the market by more than 7x in the past 10 years!
IDEXX is currently hiring for a Senior Sourcing Manager supporting Operations, including our Worldwide Freight and Logistics team. This is an exciting opportunity to drive category management activities for a global leader in innovative diagnostics and technologies for better veterinary care and safer food and water.
At IDEXX, the Senior Sourcing Manager is responsible for their assigned spend categories, including the associated suppliers, internal stakeholders and the sourcing strategy. Candidate must display leadership and be proficient in project management and complex supplier negotiations to drive sourcing initiatives which have a significant financial impact for specific functional/operational areas or specific spend categories. In addition, this role delivers value-added category management activities which include strategic sourcing, client stakeholder management, supplier performance / risk management, supply market monitoring, continuous improvement and ongoing cost reductions, supplier review and issue resolution.
- Create and implement the Operations / Freight & Logistics category and supplier management strategies including sourcing and supplier base management
- Support strategic goals to enable bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership
- Display expert knowledge of key global industry players, competitors and dynamics
- Collaborate internally and with suppliers to develop innovative solutions
- Drive improvements & compliance of procurement processes
- Deliver cost savings, supplier rationalization & increase of spend under contract according to strategy
- Develop involvement with key stakeholders when implementing strategy, communicating results and targets and being a proactive business partner
- Drive changes with key global industry players, competitors and dynamics resulting in positive impact to IDEXX.
- Create and leverage strong business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players to influence their supply chain capabilities, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Develop innovative ways to manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance improvement
Sourcing Project Management:
- Leverage program and project management tools and techniques
- Effectively manage multiple competing projects and deadlines
- Efficiently solve problems and make decisions for primary and strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes
- Provide oversight, guidance and drive execution of project plans
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Successfully motivate and collaborate within their team and across their peer group, and director level and above
- Lead cross functional teams, mentor and develop others
- Demonstrated leadership and proven experience and the application of best practice procurement skills
- minimum of 8 years in developing and advancing category sourcing strategies that support key business objectives and result in significant cost savings and process improvements within the Operations / Freight & Logistics category.
- Parcel and 3PL contract negotiation experience preferred.
- 8+ years in new product development or category or commodity management.
- 10+ years experience working in high-volume medical device/biochemical manufacturing industry preferred.
- Experience with lean and six sigma practices.
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Logistics discipline preferred.
- Functional Training: Demonstration of continuing education in transportation & logistics
- Member of ISM with a C.P.M. or A.P.I.C.S. C.P.M. certification preferred.
- Training and/or experience with LEAN and Six Sigma practices.