Novolex™ employs over 7,000 people across the globe. From our iconic corporate headquarters in South Carolina… to our 46 world-class manufacturing sites… to our new state of the art professional center near Charlotte… we strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
Senior Sourcing Manager
The Senior Sourcing Manager supports activities throughout the complete supply chain system including direct material planning, vendor management, cost reduction, purchasing, strategic sourcing, and logistics ensuring tight supply/demand alignment, timely supply delivery, and effective communication across departments. This position requires working closely with cross-functional partners in Operations, Sales, Sales & Operations Planning, Product Development and Logistics to reduce costs and streamline business processes. This position will also have management responsibilities for specific sourcing categories as assigned. Categories to be managed by this position may include packaging, chip board, inks, chemicals, colorants, specialized films and processes.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Own and drive day-to-day supplier cost, delivery, and quality and supplier management for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Lead multi-site material implementations working with plant personnel and operational leadership
- Monitor supplier performance and identify cost reduction and productivity improvement opportunities.
- Identify and develop new sources of supply as needed.
- Identify bottlenecks in the supply-chain process and implement solutions to improve performance.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to implement cost reductions, streamline business processes and meet the needs of the business and customer.
- Facilitate supplier discussions to support material flow, projects, and cost reduction objectives.
- Support contract creation and execution for key supplier relationships.
- Perform material planning activities from raw materials to finished goods.
- Support RFQs, evaluate proposals, negotiate prices and award business.
- Support logistics activities to ensure best pricing on shipping of finished goods and timely deliveries to domestic and international customers.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment interacting with plant personnel, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Previous experience in multi-site implementations
- Previous printing/ packaging categoryexperience a plus with focus on ink, printing plates, foil and coatings
- 5 + years of related experience in a process and/ or packaging manufacturing industry (preferred).
- Ability to successfully work to reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Results driven, analytical, self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to logically identify alternative solutions or approaches to complex problems.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Project management experience is a plus
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 46 manufacturing facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community