The Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager’s primary responsibility is to proactively source and centrally manage all activities related to indirect spend. The main objective of this position is to negotiate procurement of goods and/or services by properly balancing considerations of price, quality and service while continually seeking opportunities to aggregate spend and drive deeper discounts to maximize financial impact. Heavy emphasis onstrategic sourcing of products and services related to Information Technology (Software, Hardware, Contractors & Consulting, Maintenance, Networks), Branch Operations, and Corporate Services. This position also is responsible for supporting automated purchasing programs.
- Supplier Selection- On a national/global basis, research and identify new supplier sources, develop and issue complex RFIs, RFPs and RFQs, analyze proposals and make recommendations to Senior Staff in line withCorporate Procurement Objectives.
- Contract Administration- Draft/develop, review and negotiate national, regional and local supplier agreements. Liaise with stakeholders, suppliers and legal department to fully execute agreements.
- E-procurement: Development of e-forms and on-line catalogs to drive contract compliance.
- Policy and procedure compliance as it relates to the procurement function.
- Vendor relationship management- Conduct strategic supplier performance reviews to ensure KPIs are met. Jointly develop and implement additional cost savings strategies.
- Communicate procurement programs to maximize compliance of preferred agreements. Communicate updates on new programs and changes to existing programs. Ensure the Procurement website reflects the latest information regarding all programs in assigned commodity categories.
- Program implementation- Lead cross functional team to ensure effective program rollout across multiple divisions to meet company objectives and customer requirements.
- Oversee assigned staff. Communicates with staff and aligns staff with organizational goals and objectives. Develops staff through training, and front line exposure to business operations.
- Training of automated purchase order system to procurement department and others within the corporation. Liaison with Accounts Payable Department and MIS to address system related problems/issues.
Four-year college degree
- 10+ years of Strategic Sourcing experience in various goods and services, preferably in a service related industry.
- Supervisory experience in the sourcing function.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology.
- Strong knowledge of process improvement and project management
- Thorough knowledge of assigned commodity categories
- Ability to draft contract language and understand legal terms and business law
- E-procurement and reverse auction experience.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing method
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and work independently to meet objectives under aggressive timelines.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Expertise in negotiating complex agreements for goods and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across all corporate divisions to create optimal procurement approaches
- Excellent management and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication and writing ability