Senior Sourcing Manager - Furnishings
Career Choice, Inc. an Executive Search Firm in the hospitality industry and all about communication and relationships!
We open the door to new relationships in line with your career desires. We listen to your career plans, expectations, goals and direction. Then we discuss the career opportunities that fit your criteria.
What we look for . . . Top Talent Players that are strategic in their approach to career growth with a solid track record that have the skillset for our positions.
In the information age, it is people that still run the business. Let's use communication to build that relationship, because it is about people and it starts with you and me.
OUR CURRENT SEARCH
"Amazing Employee concentric company"
Position: Senior Sourcing Manager - Furnishings (Please be aware - experience is required in Furnishings purchasing)
Salary: 150K plus a full range of very competitive benefits including stock
Relocation: Milwaukee, WI - Paid expenses – however no house buyout
CLIENT COMPANY DETAILS
Our client is a leading supplier of equipment, services and eCommerce systems to the Senior Living companies. We are proud to represent a amazing team spirited company that values its employees. The culture is fast paced, with continued growth over the last 20years, employee-owned company with opportunities for ambitious, motivated talent.
- Expertly negotiate highly competitive programs, including costs and incentives (rebates, co-op, samples, etc.).
- Ensure business continuity and service fulfillment excellence with largest and most strategic suppliers (inventory, risk mitigation and/or contingency plans, etc.)
- Own most complex escalations and LSO negotiations. Serve as day-to-day escalation for team members as needed (e.g., Large Sales Opportunities Strategy/support, Performance Review List, metrics, customer service and salessupport, etc.)
- Leverage industry and category-specific knowledge to collaboratively build out business strategies and ensure suppliers meet the immediate and future needs of the business
- Leverage Supply Chain best practices and/or tools (e.g., forecasting, importing, distribution, cost modeling, logistics, value stream mapping, total cost of ownership). Serve as Subject Matter Expert in 2+ areas and facilitate the development, transfer and adoption of best practices across the supply chain function
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in older adults, Senior Living & Care, and the Lines of Business (e.g., regulations, requirements, industry trends) and demonstrate exceptional reverse marketing skills.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvement strategies across Lines of Business and function.
- Develop supply chain strategies and lead cross-functional project teams and/or programs to support business initiatives and objectives.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop a strategic supply chain plan for categories and major programs; identify the need for and locate key strategic partners to grow the business.
- Provide day-to-day guidance on workload and escalations for team members as needed.
- Build and transform individual and department capabilities.
The candidate must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Management, Engineering, Operations, Business Management, Business Administration 10+ years of sourcing, negotiation and supply management or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Valid, unexpired driver’s license with a good driving record required
- Technology proficient; open to using, describing and implementing new technologies
- Experience in Purchasing Furnishing, FF&E in the hotel, housing or senior living industries
The skills that will make the fit into the company culture
- Highly communicative and strong ability to think on one’s feet; able to provide recommendations and solutions to problems that encompass a broad breadth of business and cross functional situations.
- Ability to create collaborative partnerships with suppliers
- Expert attention to detail and ability to analyze and successfully manipulate large amounts of data
- Superior oral- and written-communications skills with the ability to influence all levels of an organization
- Exude poise and professionalism with service providers, internal stakeholders and external customers
- Ability to motivate and coordinate internal and external resources to deliver results for committed schedules
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to shift priorities and deal with changing demands in an effective manner
- Creative thinking and problem solving in an undefined process environment
- Passion for delivering outrageous customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong commitment to career and professional maturity