Senior Solutions Engineer - New York
Sales Engineering New York, New York
MapR Technologies, a provider of the industry’s leading data platform for AI and Analytics, enables enterprises to inject analytics into their business processes to increase revenue, reduce costs, and mitigate risks. MapR addresses the data complexities of high-scale and mission-critical distributed processing from the cloud to the edge, IoT analytics, and container persistence. Global 2000 enterprises trust the MapR Data Platform to help them solve their most complex AI and analytics challenges.
MapR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
You are a customer-facing, hands-on sales engineer with a track record of successful value-based and solution selling. You collaborate with account managers and the partner ecosystem in your territory to drive platform revenue showcasing next-generation, innovative solutions for IoT, big data, and machine learning.
At MapR, the Territory Solutions Engineer drives the following prospect and customer-related activities:
* Act as the hands-on technical “go to” resource for the MapR Converged Data Platform in the field sales organization in a given territory;
* Develop relationships with key customer and partner technology contacts;
* Inform business plans, create use cases, and develop reference architectures for solutions;
* Facilitate validation of the MapR Converged Data Platform via RFP responses, performance benchmarking, product demonstrations, workshops, and other related technical activities;
* Collaborate with partners, customers, and cross-functional resources to bring the solution vision to life in pilots, including hands-on technical activities and success management;
* 3+ years of Sales Engineering or customer-facing Solutions Architect experience, with a proven ability to establish technical leadership with a demanding prospect and customer base.
* Understanding of the Enterprise sales cycle and its corresponding technical requirements
* Broad architectural understanding of storage, networking, enterprise architectures, and cloud strategies
* Hands-on experience with Linux-based systems
* Prior experience designing and deploying any of the following: enterprise-scale database, data management, data warehousing, big data, business intelligence, and/or machine learning solutions
* Intellectual curiosity and an ability to learn quickly
* BA/BS degree
* Work from your home office with the ability to travel up to 50% within the region
* Rudimentary knowledge of Java (or related object-oriented programming languages)
* Hadoop or other NoSQL database experience
* BA/BS in a technical discipline