Senior Solutions Engineer - Arkansas
Sales Engineering Houston, Texas
About MapR Technologies
MapR Technologies, a provider of the industry’s leading data platform for AI and Analytics, enables enterprises to inject analytics into their business processes to increase revenue, reduce costs, and mitigate risks. MapR addresses the data complexities of high-scale and mission-critical distributed processing from the cloud to the edge, IoT analytics, and container persistence. Global 2000 enterprises trust the MapR Data Platform to help them solve their most complex AI and analytics challenges.
MapR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
The Territory Solutions Engineer is responsible for the following prospect and customer-related activities:
- Act as the primary technical “go-to” resource for the sales cycle associated with a given territory
- Facilitate validation of the MapR Converged Data Platform and of legacy customer applications and data with the platform via product demonstration, RFP response, Proofs of Concept, performance benchmarking, application integration and other related technical activities;
- Advice and consultation with prospects and customers regarding the selection of appropriate workloads to evaluate on a Hadoop distribution;
- Best practice definition and articulation regarding enterprise production usage of the MapR Converged Data Platform;
- Benchmark recommendation, definition, and execution for commonly-encountered prospect and customer workloads;
- Demonstration and utilization of the MapR Control System (“MCS”) to provision and manage prospect and customer workloads;
- Solution documentation, orientation, and ongoing consultation for the territory as customers initialize and expand their deployment of MapR’s solution;
- Facilitate completion of Lessons Learned exercises as each prospect engagement is completed
The Territory Solutions Engineer is a member of the MapR Technologies sales team and participates in the sales cycle by working with prospects and customers to clearly articulate our value proposition and successfully validate proposed workloads on MapR’s Converged Data Platform. Along with significant (5+ years) experience in a technical pre-sales or customer-facing solution architect role, an understanding of the Enterprise sales cycle and its corresponding technical requirements are required to be effective in this position.
Experience selling and deploying Linux-based solutions to Enterprise customers is a prerequisite. Experience with DBMS, data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), and distributed systems based on Linux platforms is desirable. Travel within the assigned territory will be required, as well as quarterly visits to MapR Technologies Networks’ headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. Superior communication and relationship-development skills are a must.
- Meet or exceed revenue targets for a given territory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of Sales Engineering or customer-facing Solutions Architect experience, with a proven ability to establish technical leadership with a demanding prospect and customer base, is required
- Hands-on experience deploying Linux-based solutions is required
- Experience designing and deploying enterprise-scale database, data warehousing or business intelligence solutions is highly desirable
- Knowledge of storage and I/O performance optimization fundamentals is desirable
- Rudimentary knowledge of the Java programming language is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity and an ability to learn quickly is a must
- BA/BS in a technical discipline is desirable but not necessary
- Presenting to Line-of-Business and Technical audiences