The Senior Solutions Consultant will lead the front-end of proposal opportunities within the Oil&Gas Upstream Industry of the systems and solutions business. This includes marketing the products and services and managing the quoting, customer and sales contacts required to obtain planned level of incoming business. The position combines significant elements of Sales, Marketing and Engineering. Besides the generation of quotations and customer visits, this person is also responsible for being the liaison and technical expert to support appropriate market channels. This channelsupport includes providing application expertise of systems and solutions for their specific industries. Although there are no direct reports to this position, it is expected that persons in this position will manage the expectations and associated activities of sales, engineering, project management, customers and business unit management toward obtaining stated goals for their specific industry business. It is expected that this position will be directly responsible for providing booking levels commensurate with planned level requirements for their specific industries.
Have the ability to quickly learn and articulate the features and benefits of new products and solutions, and use this information in developing new customer opportunities for our business.
Assist appropriate channels for business in contacting customers at appropriate management levels in the pursuit of systems and solutions business and maintaining present customers and customer base.
Be the commercial leader in negotiations where appropriate.
Collaborates with sales, proposals, engineering and project Management team to establish a value proposition, competitive positioning, and pricing strategies to maximize revenue and gross margin dollars while minimizing risk based on scope identification of system requirements in RFQ documents.
Establish mitigation strategies by performing risk analysis working closely with Contracts & Negotiations. Assure proper definition and delimitation of scope is properly stated within documentation.
Have a good understanding of industry specific applications, engineering principles and how to apply them.
Develop written engineering and application guidelines for systems and solutions with respect to their specific industry.
Handle all communications on quotations, specifications, orders and potential orders between SSB, Channel, and Customer.
Create and present solutions to customers at multiple levels.
Serve as a leader in the migration to new products and solutions. Act as a coach to other solution consultants, engineering and other specialists.
Champion industry specific initiatives and communication.
Make appropriate & timely decisions based on current information and ensure adherence to existing company policy relating to delegation authority.
Interface and be active in industry oriented societies and associations.
Interface and provide direct input with other RA product groups such that the corporate marketing goals are united.
Uses creative and innovative approaches to deliver value to both customers and the company. Understands the RA product landscape, as well as emerging technologies, and educate resources on new and innovative business solutions for our customers.
Interface appropriately with vendors to ensure the requirements of the order execution are satisfied in a physically responsible manner.
Develop, jointly with Marketing Management, strategies that align with specific vertical sales activities.
Supports efforts within region by leveraging business partners.
Searches for ways to deliver additional value and better support to customers.
Coordinate customer requirements with engineering and other appropriate departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet#LI-AS2
- Bachelor’s degree, or in-lieu of a degree, minimum of 4yrs working experience in Engineering, Business or Technology related field.
- Must have a minimum of 8year’s experience in:
- In a customer-facing position, business development or sales role where you have direct sales facing interaction with customers and suppliers.
- Working with specific application expertise in areas such as Oil and Gas Upstream Industry.
- With marketing solutions, products, and/or services to customers.
- With multiple applications in the oil and gas industry.
- Creating and development of proposals.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Prior experience in industrial automation.
- Strong understanding of Digital Oil Field philosophy and methodology.
- Understanding of SCADA and implementation of it.
- Familiar with CygNet, ClearScada, and Wonderware.
- Previous experience as Oil and Gas Upstream Industry, well head to LACT knowledge and in field processing experience. Preferred Candidate will have Digital Oil Field experience and integration knowledge.
- Working experience with Rockwell Automation products, solutions and services.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Exceptional technical and commercial experience.
- Experience in sales and marketing or business development is advantageous.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged and in the office as part of a project team.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.