GDIT has a position opening for a Senior Solutions Architect to provide technical leadership and support in the areas of IT planning, solution specification/design, and target architecture development. The well qualified candidate will have a strong knowledge of information technology and commercial solutions; and significant experience architecting and developing technical solutions. The preferred candidate will have excellent communications skills, a strong customer service orientation, and experience serving as an advisor to federal CIOs and senior IT managers.
- Participating as a member of the Enterprise Architecture Working Group (EAWG) and working with the GDIT enterprise architecture team to develop target architectures and evaluate IT investment requests.
- Working with the customer CIO and GDIT project staff to facilitate IT strategic planning
- Responding to technical questions and research requests from the customer CIO.
- Performing solution scans and designing and estimating the cost of technical solutions that satisfy the requirements of IT investment requests.
- Preparing solution packages documenting recommended technical solutions and estimated costs and benefits.
- Advising/driving an application modernization initiative
- Facilitating staff in conducting “Fit-Gap” evaluations of proposed COTS solutions
- Providing advice and support for systems development and engineering projects
- Coordinating “reachback” with technical subject matter experts (SME) within GDIT to obtain specific knowledge or expertise to address technical issues
- Preparing deliverable reports and briefings
- BA/BS and 15 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of information technology, including all layers of the IT stack
- Strong knowledge of commercial products/solutions, especially COTS software application products (e.g., CRM, ECM, BPM, etc.)
- Solution architecture experience
- Successful systems development experience involving COTS integration
- Experience developing lifecycle cost estimates for technical solutions
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Customer service orientation
- MA/MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience architecting and/or leading application modernization initiatives
- Understanding of federal enterprise architecture concepts
- Federal IT capital planning knowledge and experience
- Business analysis skills