The Senior Solutions Architect (SSA) will report directly to VP of Technology Services. The Senior Solutions Architect is responsible for translating business requirements into IT Solutions. The SSA will drive standardization and ensure consistency across all enterprise solutions and architecture within Technology Services (TS) globally. The SSA Will provide guidance on infrastructure-related topics as they relate to other technology solutions such as applications, collaboration, security and data management. They will chair, set the agenda and develop content for Enterprise Architecture committee, develop a technology roadmap in collaboration with Senior TS Leadership and Business Relationship Executives (BRE) that supports business objectives and delivers business value.
This position will collaborate closely with all global and regional TS project and operations teams and with Brookfield Managed Service Providers (MSP), to ensure the appropriate specifications of infrastructure, data, security, network, unified communications, and applications.
The SSA will gather and analyze business requirements based on input and information provided by business stakeholders and/or the BREs. The SSA will apply existing enterprise architecture and evolving technologies to develop solutions, design stages of implementation and provide strategic guidance to delivery teams and MSPs based on business requirements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely and liaising with various Brookfield Business groups, Technology departments, including Service Delivery Management, Project Management Office, and the vendor ecosystem to clearly understand requirements and align with proposed solutions, project delivery and operational support.
- Play a primary role in the interpretation of infrastructure strategies and technology standards including solution design, integration and standardization, and ensures adherence to architecture compliance and implementation governance.
- The successful candidate will have broad knowledge and experience of infrastructure architecture, is responsible for aligning solutions with the enterprise infrastructure architecture services, business strategy and business processes.
- Business-focused and process-oriented individual with experience and knowledge in standard information and technology infrastructure practices and processes.
- Work with enterprise customers, sharing Azure and cloud native best practices for migrating, modernizing, or building new and existing infrastructure and applications.
- Provide support and guidance to project managers for the creation of project plans, costs and risks for the implementation of IT infrastructure solutions.
- Familiar with Shared Services organizations and multi-client relationships.
- Driving, planning, development, testing, maintenance, installation, configuration, documentation, training and implementation of new solutions; ensures completeness of the architectural design.
- Keep abreast of developments in the IT infrastructure marketplace, including 3rd party service providers’ strategies and report on their potential impact on the organization.
- Lead a team of fully dedicated and part-time SMEs to complete timely solutions and design, aligned with business expectations; leverages collaboration and resources across Brookfield TS for solutions delivery; oversees Enterprise Architecture committee meetings and decisions involving project management, operations teams and MSPs (upon demand) to maintain technology direction and strategic vision.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical discipline, preferably Computer Science, Information Systems and/or equivalent education and experience.
- Over 10 years of continuous experience in:
- An enterprise infrastructure / technical architecture role.
- Strong ability to collaborate with all levels within the IT and Business organization.
- Excellent client interaction skills and ability to manage deliverables across multiple projects and multiple locations.
- Experience working with clients to understand requirements and the ability to negotiate with the client to come up with an optimal design.
- Developing high level and detail design documentation specific to Infrastructure solutions.
- Infrastructure strategy, design governance, development, and implementation.
- Strong communication / presentation skills with an ability to convey concise and complex information to a range of stakeholders (Business executives, sponsors, and leads as well as technical and non-technical users).
- Strong background in IT Infrastructure technology fundamentals such as:
- Network Technologies & Protocols – SD-WAN, LAN, WLAN, SASE, Routing & Switching, Virtual Routing and Forwarding, Public and Private peering.
- Architecture – Hub and Spoke, Multi-cloud Networking
- Security Technologies – Firewalls, IDP/IDS, SIEM, VPN, VCN, NAT/PAT, Load balancing
- Cloud Technologies – MS/Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, OpenStack
- Server Technologies & Management – MS Server, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SAML, OAuth2, PowerShell
- Virtualization Technologies – Microsoft, VM Ware
- Storage Technologies – SAN, NAS, Storage Virtualization
- Application Virtualization & Delivery – Azure (IaaS and PaaS), Windows Virtual Desktop, VMWare
- Scripting & IT Automation languages & Processes and orchestration tools
- System monitoring, alerting and analytics
- Database technologies
- Middleware/messaging technologies
- Experience with end-to-end delivery of infrastructure initiatives.
- Experience with delivering IT projects utilizing 3rd party service providers to provide IT services.
- Exposure to organizations that have deployed solution development methodologies based upon Architectural Frameworks, such as TOGAF.
- Experience with capacity planning / optimization / maintenance.
- Deep knowledge of best practices through relevant experience with infrastructure technologies, particularly for enterprise-wide architectures.
- Experienced working knowledge of public and/or private cloud architectures.
- Critical thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A strong desire to establish Standards of Best Practice
- Team Player and Leader
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.