At Balfour Beatty Construction in Dallas, Texas, we are seeking a Senior Solutions Architect to join our IT team! The Senior Solutions Architect will be responsible for providing exceptional technical design and thought leadership. This role will also be involved with assisting the overall design of information, by balancing optimization of data access with resource utilization factors. This role would also be expected to understand all aspects of designing and constructing information architectures that enable informational and analytical management inquiry of well-integrated, subject-oriented historical data. The Senior Solutions Architect will also be involved in constructing information models to meet business requirements, as well as, focus primarily on information requirements, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment. This position interfaces between varying systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs while focusing on the continuous improvement and implementation of the integration of solutions. The Senior Solutions Architect will also be an integral part of the development of new business opportunities while building healthy relationships with clients.
- Define and manage IT Enterprise Technology Framework tools, processes and standards.
- Research technologies, approaches and patterns for improvement to the IT Enterprise Technology Framework. Recommend or review methods of coordinating the sharing of like data between applications.
- Assist in the review and implementation of Enterprise Application Integration tools
- Recommend or review database schema for new applications.
- Assist in developing procedures and processes which assure the integrity of application data.
- Model the data architecture to ensure efficient data use (application access, elimination of redundancy) and understanding of the data structure by analyst and developers.
- Analyze, interpret and make recommendations as formal proposals and/or presentations to senior management.
- Advises peers in management on product development issues arising from product problems identified through technical support calls with customers.
- Evaluate and contract with outside consulting service organizations as needed
- Assists in identification, evaluation, and implementation of new technology.
- Participate in technology initiatives to provide enterprise, systems, data and integration guidance and assurance in accordance with IT Enterprise Technology Framework.
- Manage special department projects as necessary.
- Design, analyze, develop, test, document, implement and maintain custom developed solutions that encompass multiple enterprise systems and/or data sources.
- Create technical documentation for IT systems and solutions in accordance with IT Enterprise Technology Framework.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field required.
- Six years or more of IT enterprise technology framework experience related to the role.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in text or diagram form and manipulate several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience using Java, PowerShell, and C#.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services or Azure.
- A real-world understanding of PL/SQL, MSSQL, or other related programming language.
- Experience using Microsoft Power BI, Database or REST API design.
- Competent understanding of ETL/ELT tools (Jitterbit, Dell Boomi, Matillion, Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator, or others).