In this Senior Solution Engineering (SE) role, cloud management represents two domains of equal importance – automation and analytics.
We strive to help our customers deliver the self-service portals that will delight their end users. We educate them on the path to automating everything in the data center. It's not just VMs and Containers we are delivering but also the security and networks to go with them via the software defined NSX stack behind us www.vmware.com/products/nsx.html.
You will learn new things on this team!
The majority of time, you will be in front of customers, educating them on the power of our solutions. When not with customers, you will be supporting the extended team and staying in touch with the business units. As a member of the SE team will also be responsible for educating other people at VMware, as well as our partners and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evangelize VMware's strategy driving product demonstrations to customer executives and technical leaders within the healthcare vertical
- Provide expert technical support for opportunities involving VMware management and integration into existing management and monitoring systems.
- Lead Proof of Concept exercises for vRealize products in customer labs to validate solutions
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of peer and competitor products
- Provide consultative support to the Field and Partner Training organization for development of deep technical GTM training material and positioning
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products
- Maintain, grow and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware Partner Field Organizations
- Lead the technical pre-sales community discussions and facilitate knowledge dissemination to the VMware and Partner Subject Matter Experts with regards to VMware products in conjunction with Cloud solutions and architectures
- Document best practices & architectural references in developing and deploying VMware Cloud solutions
- Travel up to 50%
- 6+ years of experience in technology related areas including: enterprise systems management and infrastructure (Datacenter) architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical business infrastructure.
- Strong technical proficiency with both mainstream and emerging automation and configuration management solutions. Some examples include - vRealize Automation and Operations, Turbonomics, vCenter Orchestrator, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Openstack, Salt, Docker, Github, Kubernetes etc. You don't need to know them all but a few is beneficial.
- Ability to distill complex solutions into simpler, visual chunks regular people can understand
- Ability and experience to present sales and technical material to both small and large groups.
- Ability to view change as an opportunity to thrive
- Experience with IT automation and orchestration tools.
- Experience supporting large customers and/or teams practicing agile and continuous delivery is preferred.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience