The Senior Solutions Engineer is the primary contact and ultimate point of accountability with VMware's clients and their respective accounts, being responsible for selling VMware’s many technology solutions to meet customers’ business goals objectives. The SE works closely with clients to develop technical strategies and direct the execution of selling motions to assist each customer in attaining the goals and initiatives of their respective business. You will be expected to build and maintain business relationships at all necessary levels within the client's organization, with a complete understanding of power structures to make your sales successful both for VMware and our customers. It is imperative for the success of the role to understand the nature of the client’s business and trends that occur within their sector with technical solutions that attain business goals and solve business issues.
The Senior Solutions Engineer engages a cross-functional team daily which may include account executives, technical professionals within VMware, as well as appropriate people from the customer. These include, but are not limited to, Executives, Technology buyers, Technology or Business Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Administrators and any other departmental liaisons.
You will lead VMware client discussions, from small, creative projects to larger integrated end-to-end solutions. You hold the key to customer's experience and successful relationships with VMware. You will protect and build the VMware/Customer business. You are capable of reading the client's personality, understand the direction of their industry and appetite for change, acting accordingly. You will work very closely with sales to build long-term business relationships within assigned “named” accounts.
Focus and passion of the SE:
- You will build client's potential and dream for transformation
- You will develop potential for new platform/defining work
- You will increase account size in revenue potential
- Foster long-term relationships with customers and cross functional teams
- Craft realistic account plans and meeting the project criteria
- Present VMware value proposition to customers and partners
- Understand the customer's high-level business challenges globally and locally
- Match VMware solutions to customer's business and technical requirements
- Becoming a technical advisor within enterprise accounts
- Analyze customer requirements to figure out products and services to offer solutions that meet customer needs
- Research and present reports showing customers the cost benefit of purchasing company products or services
- Provid technical training to clients and communicate customer feedback into future product developments.
- Act as a business development liaison
- Build and demonstrate strong OEM and partner relationships
- You will present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- 10+ years growing professional experience
- 8+ years in a technical role
- 5+ years within a sales organization
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Industry experience with disruptive, transformative technology solutions
- Excellent organizational development skills
- VCP (Strongly preferred)