At VMware we are growing our NSX (Network and Security) team and looking for an experienced Solution Engineering Professional to join us in the Central Region.
Are you creative, driven and passionate about changing the future of IT? Do you love being part of a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement?
If you answered yes, this job could be for you. Please read on:
As a dedicated Pre-Sales expert in VMware's Network Virtualization & Security Business Unit (NSBU) you will be driving the sales and adoption of VMware’s next generation network virtualization and security platform, VMware NSX. We work directly with NSBU Product Management & Engineering, the VMware SDDC Field Sales teams, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of VMware NSX in cloud computing environments.
As a VMware Network Virtualization Solution Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware NSX. You will be focused on selling the value of VMware Network Virtualization and Security into private, hybrid and public cloud environments.
If you think this is a good match for you, pleaseapply today! We look forward to reviewing your resume.
Job Role And Responsibilities:
- In this role you will present VMware NSX Network Virtualization vision and technologies, strategy, and product road-maps to executives, technical management and technical engineers.
- You will maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends, while also maintaing working knowledge of competitive architectures.
- Your role will include assisting sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects.
- Your role will also include working collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Network, Security and Cloud products.
- As a Solution Engineer within NSX, you are expected to understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking securityarchitectures
- 5+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise, federal and service provider environments.
- Pre-sales or customer facing experience with strong relationship building skills.
- Startup mentality - “whatever it takes”.
- Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation.
- Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills.
- Understand Security in the Datacenter including Advanced Malware Protection.
- Experience or deep understanding of any of the following cloud systems: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, CloudStack, vRealize Automation (vRA), vCloud Director (vCD)
- Ability to communicate with Network and Security Architects
- Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management.
- Should be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
- Ability to run NSX Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and lead the entire activity
- Ability to deliver basic NSX training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process
- We look for people who have integrity and share our EPIC2 values
- You would be a great fit if you are competitive by nature, independent, yet have a huge desire to give back to your team
- To be successful, it is important that you are passionate about technology and its impact on customers
- Knowledge of Next-Generation Firewalls and Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems is good to have
- Deep knowledge of GRC, compliance, and security, as well as knowledge of firewalls, NGFW, IPS, AV, and SIEM.
- Good understanding of risk mitigation and security vs risk.
- Ability to find solution and practical options to remediate and reduce risk leveraging products or processes.
- Hypervisor hands on and architectureexperience in at least one of the following: VMware / AWS / Azure.