Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful insight and impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon's unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action.
The Senior Solution Engineer is responsible pre-sales activities to provide industry expertise technical support and present technical solutions to the sales and business solution teams that result in retaining and increasing revenue and clients. The incumbent in this role interacts with clients to execute the technical aspects of the sales strategy by developing and building technical relationships.
The Senior Solution Engineer will work with Business Solutions and Sales teams focused on products and quality measures (i.e. Risk Score Accuracy, Quality Measurement & Improvement, EHR, Pharma, Provider Score and or HEDIS) for value added response to the clients. This role will also provide with RFIs/RFPs technical responses and partnership with Business Solutions and Sales teams to strategize sales approaches and ensure attainment of sales quotas.
- Leads and participate in client meetings in person and via the phone. Prepares complex level technical proposals and presentations.
- Provides broad scope responses to products and industry questions.
- Demonstrates advanced business solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active client communications.
- Interacts with all levels of client's management team;
- Understands the clients and offer business solutions in order to clarify the strategic fit of the product into their environment;
- Analyzes client's business needs and develops intermediate range strategies based on product knowledge and knowledge of client's current business and on how Inovalon can competitively meet client needs and independently completes difficult custom designs;
- Advises clients and sales on technical aspects of company products including fit to client's needs, features, availability, etc. and serves as mentor, team lead, and technical advisor to colleagues by providing first level escalation, direction, and assistance;
- Acts as a client advocate as necessary for pre-sales activities and minimal post-sales activities;
- Provides process improvement training to internal partners and engage in internal feedback loop to product and sales leadership teams on client experience, product features/functionality, and service implementation management;
- Collaborate with Business Solutions team and partners to develop technical capabilities and competencies in the successful revenue gain;
- Actively involved in industry organizations/forums and maintains knowledge of complex aspects of products and systems and may present virtually and or at client site;
- Evaluate client needs and requirements and illustrate how company solutions provide value and support to the client's organization;
- Responsible for answering product functionality, integration, and usage, and pre-sales support concerns; and
- Provide technical consultation and knowledge transfer with sales team including Business Solutions, Sales Representatives, etc.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive of sales engineering experience with Healthcare Products and or Risk Adjustment, Quality Measures, EHR, Pharma, Provider, Scriptmed, etc. and steadily increasing responsibilities preferably in a public company; Client Solutions Development;
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technical or a related field;
- Advanced knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word);
- Demonstrated knowledge of broad range of technology platforms, systems and tools;
- Must have the ability to build relationships and have a proactive communication style ensuring timely status of projects to team and clients. Must be able to extract hidden or unrealized client requirements and gain consensus;
- Ability to focus extract ambiguous client needs into specific, deliverable requirements and gain consensus. Able to develop relationships and communicate with high level client technical staff and management;
- Advanced understanding of solutions, technology, sales cycles, and solution selling process, preferably at multiple levels related to company products. Able to learn internal company systems;
- Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach;
- Expert ability to graphically depict solutions in a compelling manner;
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented;
- 50-75% travel required; and
- Must have an intermediate understanding of company financial measures.