To get the best candidateexperience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Sales
Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and--above all--connections. Salesforce.org gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good. We're here to help; visit us at Salesforce.org.
We're looking for exceptional candidates to join the Higher Education Solution Engineering team within Salesforce.org . If you possess intellectual curiosity, great problem solving skills and an unwavering belief that the right technology can solve any problem including world hunger (no really, we mean it!) then you are the ideal candidate for the job. Prior experience with technology and enterprise selling in the nonprofit industry is highly desirable. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must. If you believe you have these skills, we want to talk to you.
Typical day in the life of a Salesforce.org SE looks like:
- Discover and analyze individual customer goals and challenges and map those back into the Salesforce solution portfolio
- Design innovative solutions to address challenges and build those solutions on the Salesforce platform. Present customized story-driven demonstrations aligned with key business value and solution differentiation.
- Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking and security stack
- Respond effectively to RFIs and RFPs
- Participate in training and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in role
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives that you will define collaboratively with your manager
- Travel domestically
- Function effectively in a fast-paced high-energy market segment and successfully balance multiple projects in a team-selling environment
- Knowledge, interest or background in the higher education market
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems in varied political environments
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven time management & prioritization skills in a dynamic sales environment
- Technical expertise in any of the following industries (digital marketing, enterprise data systems and analytics, business intelligence, web analytics, CRM, enterprise search and content management systems)
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, MBA, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a Solutions Engineer
- Experience working with Salesforce solutions in a technical capacity is a plus
- Prior experience selling technology to nonprofits is a plus