As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
Our Operations Engineering team focus is on Analytics enablement which involves Infrastructure and Tool deployment, security controls, and release, test and upgrade management. As a Senior Solution Engineer, you will be responsible for many technical aspects of the Operational environment of our internal Analytics ecosystem, including building and supporting tools, assisting with Teradata product and infrastructure upgrade testing, and generally be a technical thought leader on the team for additional enablement advancements.
Role and Responsibilities
• Maintain awareness of Analytic ecosystem roadmap and ensure supported products and tools and assist with orchestration of upgrades
• Help influence the evolution of the Teradata product with providing feedback on product features and capability.
• Work to ensure the continued success of our internal self-service utilization of Teradata personal databases and Data Lab deployments
• Serve as technical lead for workflow and automation framework development supporting testing and deployment orchestration
• Evaluate new solution components (Infrastructure and Applications), and determine ecosystem fit, usability and overall integration design
• Responsible of ongoing management of configuration and layout of Teradata's self-service environment
• Responsible for solution definition for business continuity, high availability, and disaster recovery
• Define, develop, implement and maintain test cases for various complex hardware and solution components
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Participate in Infrastructure and Solution Release Readiness reviews
• Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to Teradata's Analytic ecosystem
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5 -8 years of experience in solution engineering role within a Data Warehouse implementation
• Previous hands-on experience with Teradata technology
• 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Strong technical background with hands on professional experience with Data Warehouse implementations, analytic ecosystem platforms and tools, ETL and BI tools and general web development
• A firm understanding and experience with enterprise integration methodologies and API architecture
• Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Strong communication, teaming and presentation skills