As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The OpenText Information Exchange business is a leader in B2B solutions and powered by the world’s largest business network in the Cloud. Our Business Networks Solution Consulting team offers a set of solutions that facilitate efficient and secure exchange of information inside and outside of the organization, ranging from on-demand messaging and secure managed file transfer, to B2B integration and B2B applications. The world’s largest companies run in the OpenText Cloud that is supported 24/7 by our managed services team and enables 20 billion digital commerce transactions per year.
The Solution Consultant is a core member of the OpenText sales team, working together to identify and develop revenue opportunities within the OpenText Customer and Prospect base. This will involve analysing complex customer requirements and providing a compelling, unique value proposition to the customer, which leverages one or more solutions from the OpenText EIM suite.
The Solution Consultant is responsible for helping the customer visualize the value proposition by building out customized demonstrations of OpenText products and solutions and delivering technology and business level presentations to technical, business and management-level audiences.
You are great at:
• Working directly with Account Executives in the field to communicate OT value propositions to the customer/prospects.
• Applying both technical and business skills to solve problems within an account and subsequently architecting an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s business requirements.
• Presenting to senior level business and technical users within a customer account.
• Qualifying opportunities at key milestones, taking into consideration the competitive landscape, solution fit, relationship with the customer, etc.
• Develops and delivers product demonstrations and proof of concepts against specific customer requirements.
• Responds to RFx requests, taking the lead for the solution and technical elements of the response.
• Searching to find ways to create new opportunities for OpenText, either by improving existing products, processes and/or use of our technology.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a solution selling\value based selling environment.
• Working technical knowledge of HTML/CSS, JSP, ASP, Web Servers, Unix, Windows, VMWare virtualized platforms, Java Application Servers and relational databases.
• Deep level of understanding of IT concepts e.g. SOA, client server, protocols.
• Solid skill level in at least one product area of Enterprise Information Management.
• Working knowledge of Cloud computing strategies, business models, and issues.