Senior Solution Architect (Transportation Management Systems)
$115K - $149K ($100K - $130K base + 15%, 15% Bonus + Benefits)
Posted on 02/27/18 by Diva Milani
Software Solutions Company
8 - 10 years experience
$115K - $149K
($100K - $130K base + 15%, 15% Bonus + Benefits)
Posted on 02/27/18 Diva Milani
We are currently searching for a Sr. Solution Architect to join the TMS (Transportation Management System) practice within our client's Consulting Services team. This role requires up to 75% travel
- ---Strong domain knowledge in Oracle TM, SAP, JDA TMS, Manhattan, TMW or similar solutions to understand how the TMS solutions can be configured and delivered to better facilitate customer business processes
- ---Strong domain knowledge in TMS solution to construct an overall architecture for current and future customer business needs.
- ---Leveraged as the Solution expert for transformational projects/programs
- ---Key contributor to the Change Management efforts for global or regional program implementations
- ---Ability to prepare and deliver presentations for user, management, and executive level audiences
- ---Provides advice to customers regarding industry best practices and process methodology
- ---Assists Project Manager(s) in planning efforts
- ---Ability to estimate effort of task level implementation activities that are within the scope of the project and recommend appropriate role to execute those tasks
- ---Able to ask appropriate questions to assess business needs that fall outside the standard solution, assess integration complexity, architecture constraints
- ---Can demonstrate and facilitate integration discussions of product functionality and product architecture (i.e. Show data and process flow from one solution to another)
- ---Conducts/leads business process analysis or design, construction, validation, and deployment phases of the project
- ---Lead the project team to design and develop functional specifications for modifications, interfaces, reports and screens to ensure smooth integration between technical and functional business requirements.
- ---Creates and modifies procedural and system documentation throughout the project
- ---Supports the development and execution of test scripts to ensure the software consistently meets the customer's business objectives
- ---Provides level 3 non-technical support during the "go-live" period
- ---Provides level 3 user support and verifies that the system provides the required business functions and maintains data integrity
- ---Recognizes and highlights incremental revenue opportunities with existing customers / projects.
- ---Serves as a functional liaison and attends and contributes to key meetings between Project Manager, Solution Architects, key customer contacts, and customer users, up to and including key executive project sponsors.
- ---Ensures knowledge transfer is conducted with key customer project team
- ---Communicates business cases to Program Management and Project Directors regarding customer specific needs related to product functionality and enhancements.
- ---Interacts with Program Management & Project Directors regarding new releases and new functionality and act as the liaison to communicate to the rest of the team.
- ---Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Engineering or other relevant discipline
- ---7+ years of experience as a Solution Architect in Transportation Management with a high level of demonstrated performance
- ---In-depth knowledge of TMS software solutions and technical architectures
- ---Knowledge of business processes in Supply Chain Management
- ---Excellent computer skills with in-depth knowledge of operating systems, client/server technology, ERP systems, Integration and Middleware technologies and applications
- ---Ability to develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with customers, partners and consultants
- ---Strong proactive communicator and presenter, able to influence and collaborate at all levels of an organization to maximize problem resolution while effectively presenting information and responding to highly specialized technical questions
- ---Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- ---Able to apply advanced mathematical concepts and mathematical operations to tasks as required
- ---Ability to effectively and proactively work independently
- ---Experienced in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- ---Teamwork mentality
- ---Creativity and out of the box thinking approach while simultaneously adhering to scope and schedule
- ---Ability and/or flexibility to travel full time.