As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The successful candidate will deliver technology solutions that address business needs by developing the Architecture Solution for the various software applications and platforms. The candidate will have experience architecting and designing large scale platforms in a financial institution, working with geographically diverse teams, have a proven track record of strong communication and people skills as well as have experience working in a structured and agile software development lifecycle. The candidate will also have experience with analytics, reporting, selecting and integrating third-party software product.
The candidate must be able to partner effectively across the organization, in particular with, Applications Development, Project Management, Risk & Control, and Business Management partners. Experience working with a sizeable technology organization with complex programs is required, in particular in banking / finance with exposure to corporate functions at an enterprise-wide and global level.
- Define current state and target state architecture for the strategic applications in USWM, optimizing the business value from both the USWM and Global Technologies products, delivering best-in-class solutions for today's and tomorrow's needs.
- Create the solution architecture that provides the blueprint for the development teams based on the business concept, goals & objectives and high-level requirements
- Build new and innovative solutions that can help solve business and technical challenges
- Engagement with senior stakeholders across all technology lines of business, ensuring adherence to the division's plans and expected outputs, while fostering an environment of collaboration and shared success
- Develop the rolling multi-year roadmap and maintain aligned to our business client and technology strategy and priorities
- Build deep & trusted relationships with the Application Development teams, their business partners and our counterparties in other LOBs
- Proactive adoption of innovative technologies that enable rapid delivery
- Provide best practices are utilized in delivering Reporting/Analytics, Data Management and Integration Solutions.
- Ensure architecture design decisions can be actioned by the development team.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of software system design experience
- Understanding relevant technologies and development life cycles (Messaging System - JMS/ MQ, Service & Platform - REST/ Micro services/ Cloud, Database - Oracle/ Sybase/ SQL Server, Development Methodology - SDLC/ Agile)
- Experience in developing solutions with 3rd-party solutions, both internally and externally hosted applications.
- Technical depth and ability to rapidly understand and communicate the impact of solutions and technology
- Experience collaborating with business representatives to understand requirements, value, prioritization and business intelligence needs
- Strong communication skills (Ability to present in front of peers as well as to Senior Management)