Senior Software Tester
8 - 10 years experience • Government
DRT Strategies delivers expert management consulting and information technology (IT) solutions to large federal agencies, the U.S. Navy, state and local government and commercial clients in health care, technology, and the financial services industries.
The three letters of our name, DRT, stand for Driving Resolutions Together, which is the core philosophy on which the company was founded. That is, we collaborate with our clients to solve their most pressing IT challenges - together.
We are problem solvers dedicated to your success, combining Fortune 500experience with small business responsiveness. We have established a reputation with our clients as a forward thinking consulting firm with demonstrated success in implementing solutions that lead to meaningful results. Our world-class consultants unite people to work collaboratively to achieve project goals and make your vision a reality.
- Play a senior role in planning and conducting testing of federal health IT systems. Understand the business logic and functionality of the system in order to plan comprehensive testing and QA activities; develop testing artifacts including: requirements traceability matrix, test strategy, test plan, test cases/scripts, and test results reports.
- Conduct system, regression, and end-to-end testing using HP products such as HP-ALM
- Communicate regularly with numerous stakeholders, both Government and Contractor through regular and ad-hoc meetings; Help plan for and facilitate the meetings necessary with the business stakeholders and other groups as needed to accomplish the above tasks; be able to plan and facilitate independently
- Recruit, assign, and supervise additional testers and staff in the performance of QA and testing activities.
- Report to management and customers regarding test coverage, defects, and test metrics to facilitate Go/No Go decisions
- Support quality processes by reviewing team documents and following quality processes
- Work independently with minimal supervision performing project tasks
- Ten (10) years of experienceworking within IT applications development teams
- Experienceworking within a federal consulting environment
- Expertise in software testing practices and approaches; ability to design a testing approach and recruit and manage staff to execute high quality testing; demonstrated ability to deliver software that meets the business owner needs.
- Experience executing test plans, measuring test results and trends, and reporting upwards to management
- Expertise in system testing, regression testing, production validation
- Experience with performance testing, usability testing, and Section 508 testing
- Experience with HP products such as HP-ALM or Quality Center
- Experienceworking within an agile team environment
- Experience with communicating with customers to convey test coverage, status of defects, and providing recommendations on Go/No-Go decisions.
- Assist and support the activities of an Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) contractor
- Experienceworking with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid or other Health and Human Services Operating Divisions
- Experience working in a CMMI-Dev Level 3 or above environment
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree