nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.Senior Software Test EngineerPerspecta has an immediate need for a Senior Software Test Engineer - in Wilkes-Barre, PA; Eagan, MN; St. Louis, MO; Raleigh, NC
- Perform formal software testing activities for complex software applications.
- Review user requirements documentation; assist in development of test plans; develops test data to be used in performing tests and transforms test plans into test scripts.
- Ensure proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in tracking systems.
- Analyze test results, document conclusions and make recommendations that are fully supported by test results.
- Perform all functional duties independently.
- Work on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Required:Adegree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline ispreferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in software development, software quality assurance/control and/or related field.
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of a given program.
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Experience in training/mentoring less experienced personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with formal software testing for complex software applications.
- Solid experience testing software applications, identifying/documenting defects and working withdevelopers and end users to resolve defects.
- Considerable experience with multiple defect tracking tools (e.g. Rational, Mercury).
- Extensive experience authoring software-quality related documentation such as requirements specifications, test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports.
- Excellent communication skills.