On the Recruiting engineering team, we work on Ultimate Software's Recruiting product which offers a unique, candidate-centric design that helps businesses engage candidates with simple technology that they want to use. As a result, businesses can begin cultivating successful, long-term relationships with their employees from the very start. Powered by Xander®, Ultimate's advanced portfolio of artificial intelligence technologies, the Candidate Match feature in UltiPro Recruiting intelligently generates a list of recommended applicants for a specific opportunity, while removing the impact of unconscious bias from the process of reviewing applications. We are also highly innovative team where we incubate new ideas and initiatives that are later rolled out to other engineering teams.
We believe in:
- People over process. We think that processes should make it easier for us to deliver quality products faster together. We strive to understand why processes are in place, and work to change them if they just don't work.
- Ideas over titles. We treat everyone's voice on the team equally regardless of title or seniority. We want everyone to feel comfortable contributing ideas, because we build better products when we consider multiple perspectives.
- Everyone owns. We don't like to work in silos. We believe that every person on the team owns the quality, security, and stability of our product.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the testing of new features and implementations of new test technologies and frameworks.
- Mentor other software test engineers on the team helping them grow their technical and non-technical knowledge.
- Foster the culture of delivering quality software in a timely manner and continuously improve the development process.
- Promote innovation and keep the team up-to-date on the latest and greatest industry trends.
- Present and explain technical concepts to a wide-variety of stakeholders and end-users.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 5 or more years' experience as a software test engineer on enterprise projects.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills in a cross-functional environment.
- Excited to mentor and teach other team members.
- Motivated to drive technical initiatives.
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Good organizational and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white and black box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table).
- Written and implemented automated unit, system, and integration tests.
- Ability to write and test code in an object oriented language, like C#, to support our primary products
- Experience with functional test automation tools, such as Nunit, NSubstitute, etc.
- Knowledge/familiarity with Selenium.
- Contributed to and supported multiple products that went to production.
- Debugged and solved customer issues.
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch.
- Experience working with a continuous delivery process using tools, such as TeamCity, Jenkins, or Travis CI.
- Experience with non functional test automation tools, such as JMeter, LoadRunner, ZAP, etc.
- Software development experience including: OOP, design patterns, web services, microservices, Service Oriented Architecture, Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Testing.
- Experience with agile software development practices, such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Understanding of Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud providers, such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.