Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Senior Software Test Engineer provides expertise in technologies and processes for Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing. He/She maintains an awareness of emerging technologies to ensure a competitive advantage. The position automates test scenarios and expected outcomes. He/She provides expertise for TRP key business functions and supporting technologies. This position applies a comprehensive knowledge of technical skills, principles, practices, and procedures of testing methodologies and working knowledge in planning, designing, and conducting QA reviews and inspections. He/She conducts comprehensive testing and risk-based assessments of the testing objects. The position uses source documentation as input and contributes to the planning and implementation of testing activities. The Senior Software Test Engineer leads testing components of projects, assigns tasks, provides direction to resources, and reports progress to project stakeholders. He/She creates and selects tools and methodologies.
Conducts QA Development Processes
Develops Test Solutions
Provides Expertise in Testing Across the QA Organization
Develops and Implements New Practices and Testing Standards
Contributes to Project Design
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
- BS/BA Degree with high mathematical and computing content (e.g. Computer Science or Engineering) and related work experience
- Ability to perform AUTOMATED testing on projects and provide guidance, training, and mentoring
- Java Software development experiencerequired
- Working experience leveraging TestRails or an equivalent test management system
- Ability to leverage knowledge from prior experiences to effectively participate in new situations (high to very high complexity)
- Driven to improve current state by developing or leveraging internal or external innovations
- Excellent collaboration skills to partner with Developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts to execute against established test plans and timelines
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with others in team environment
- Possesses ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
- Possesses effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how the people, processes and technology within an organization interact in relationships and patterns to create a feasible solution on projects of high to very high complexity
- Process oriented, logical thinker
- Six or more years of technology and software testing work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant experience developing in JAVA.
- Experience with developing test automation using JAVA, Selenium Webdriver, and TestNG.
- Experience with RDB development (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with automated testing types, tools and techniques (Unit, Functional, Load; Junit, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration tools and processes (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.), agile delivery (Rally, Jira) and test-driven (TDD) or business-driven (BDD) development
- Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and software design patterns
- Familiarity with modern front-end frameworks such as Spring, Springboot, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, React, etc. is a strong plus
- Experience with the following DevOps tools (Git, GitHub, Jenkins, TestNG, Gradle)
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Experience on projects utilizing an Agile methodology.
- Experience in working on projects utilizing DevOps.
- Experience working on projects as a Software Developer in Test (SDET).
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer