Amadeus is seeking an experienced Sr. Software Test Engineer who can perform professional and standardized functional validation on our core product.
The Senior Software Test Engineer will be a key part of the team which test the next generation of Amadeus’ service optimization products to detect functional issues as early as possible within the sprint and avoid their propagation to the production system.
Ability to verify that features and functionality meet business objectives, and that code is relatively bug free prior to releasing new software products and versions.
Ability to follow the QA principles: "Fit for purpose" (the product should be suitable for the intended purpose) and "Right first time" (mistakes should be eliminated).
In a continuous improvement spirit, the Sr. Software Test Engineer will contribute to the definition, implementation and rollout of new quality processes. This position is based in our Miami office.
- Work on an Agile (Scrum) team employing both local and offshore resources
- Improve existing test strategy of our product for Web and Mobile products
- Write, review test cases and improve the existing standardization
- Design and implement test scripts for Protractor automation
- Create smoke tests that will be a part of the nightly build
- Write stress and performance tests for our multi-platform applications
- Identify performance bottlenecks
- Ensure quality standards are followed
- Provide Quality Metrics to management
- Must be able to own Product Quality.
- Must be able to provide RCA for production issues
Education and/or Experience
- 7+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance experience
- 2+ years of developing automated test cases preferably with Protractor/Selenium WebDriver
- Bachelor's degree in a computer or related field
- Experience in reliability, Performance, Stress, Usability and scalability testing
- Experience in continuous deployment a plus.
- Must have an understanding of unit testing and test driven development
- Strong database fundamentals and hands on experience with SQL Server is a plus
- Experience in API testing tool such as Postman Pro and/or SoapUI is a plus
- Hospitality industry experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to develop strong client and colleague relationships
- Experienced with Agile Methodologies
- Results, goal oriented
- Team player
- Self-sufficient, Proactive and able to work independently