Pivotal Commware develops 5G communications platforms, systems and applications based on Holographic Beam Forming® , a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. HBF allows Pivotal to create software-defined antennas that can harness, shape and direct radio waves with order-of magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in cost, size, weight and power consumption (C-SWaP). HBF enables mobile network operators to maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal™
Pivotal is seeking a Senior Software Systems Engineer to support both the embedded SW and cloud management system functions. This role will be responsible for multiple projects while working closely with a small group of scientists, engineers, and business leaders in a start-up environment.
The candidate will be responsible for the design and analysis of BSP, Embedded Linux, and cloud-based control systems including composition of system requirements, generation of traceability matrices, development of test plans and test cases.
- Collaborate with product management, embedded SW engineering, and cloud-based management team to define precise system requirements.
- Decompose product level use cases and objectives into engineering system requirements.
- Write technical documents specifying detailed requirements to be provided as detailed specifications to the development teams
- Prototype new features in collaboration with the development teams
- Define test plans, and test cases for embedded SW and cloud-based beam management system services.
- Define figures of merit and acceptance criteria for embedded SW and cloud-based management services.
- Accountable for successful new product introduction, launch, and maintenance through the entire product lifecycle.
- Weekly workstream reporting including briefing sponsors and internal stakeholders.
- Support deep-dive presentations to customers, requiring implementation details (workflows, API details, etc.)
- 10 years of experience and Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related technical field. Master's degree preferred.
- Extensive background in in embedded systems, Linux, RTOS systems, and cloud-based computing systems (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Experience in serverless environment is a plus.
- Solid understanding of agile software development, preferably with hands-on experience using an Agile/Kanban/Scrum methodology to produce and to release products.
- Experience with telecommunications infrastructure products or networking products required.
- Working knowledge of the 3GPP standards (especially the 32 series) and O-RAN OAM standards is a plus
- Ability to understand and translate product requirements into system requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills to interact with product management and engineering teams.
- Strong leadership skills to be able to influence others and drive consensus of conflicting priorities.
Pivotal was named among Washington's Top 100 Places to Work in 2018, 2019 & 2020. At Pivotal you will join a team experienced in advanced communications, RAN system development and deployment, commercial antenna's, RF design, cloud-based management software and machine learning. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we would like to hear from you!
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.