The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Sr. Software Solutions Engineer (Claims)
The Sr. Software Solutions Engineer will assist in defining and reviewing the technical requirements for the Duck Creek application, including security, integration, performance, quality, and operations requirements. Sr. Software Solutions Engineer will be expected to develop and configure customized software product/systems to meet client requirements as well as build and support specialized customizations to the core asset software including conversions, interfaces, enhancements and user interface modifications.
- Responsible for end-to-end software development starting from analysis, to design, implementation, QA, delivery and maintenance
- Works closely with other engineers and the Technical Architect to ensure the architecture components interact to fulfill the requirements and meet performance goals
- Develops application prototypes and conducts conference room pilots to evaluate solution options
- Customizes products to customer specifications, which may include customized user interface and integrating with third party software
- Participates in quality management reviews as outlined in the Quality Management practice to ensure adherence to all quality management plans and standards
- Completes technical designs that are in line with the technical requirements, following the applicable design standards and ensuring that those designs are functionally/technically sound and integrate with other related system components
- Maintains regular communication with internal stakeholders as well as the customer team
- Facilitates customer meetings
- Serves as a mentor to junior team members
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or higher education level, or foreign equivalent, preferably in area with technical emphasis
- Minimum of 8 years’ professional experience, preferably in a software development or engineering role
- and/or Master’s degree plus minimum of 6 year’s related professional experience.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Deep understanding of the Duck Creek product suite and its technical components.
- Demonstrated professional experience with .Net Solutions and SQL and relational database design
- Experience with XML and XSL
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software a plus
- Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems) preferred
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Example Platform solutions for Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims preferred
- Travel: 25-50%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.