Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Teradata’s Product Development Group, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, databasedevelopers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
The Agile Release Management Office group focuses on driving execution of programs and scrum teams while bringing passion towards realizing strategic goals and initiatives using agile practices and methodologies. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about continuous improvement, and driving positive change within the organization.
This role is for a Release Analyst responsible for planning, managing and coordinating the pre and post activities required to release Teradata Software Products. The Release Analyst is responsible for understanding and supporting these processes and defining new approaches to enhance the productivity of the realization activities.
Teradata projects and programs follow a defined realization process established within Teradata’. We are a CMMI 3 organization following a modified agile development.
As a Release Analyst, you will own large, highly visible software development projects and take them to engineering ready. The Release Analyst will have a solid understanding of scaled Agile in a large, cross-functional organization. You will be responsible to provide release team members with a strategic business perspective while dealing tactically with the daily issues of coordinating, organizing and facilitating multiple agile software development teams. Your skills will include cross-team collaboration, conflict resolution, risk mitigation and schedule management. The Release Analyst will have the experience and skills necessary to continuously improve the way we develop and deliver Teradata products worldwide.
- Managing Early Access and Lighthouse activities to collect and analyze customer feedback
- Ensuring that required process artifacts are generated and preserved
- Interface with the agile release train to drive pre and post release activities
- Leading and facilitating regular program team meetings, team coordination, action item tracking and release content management.
- Working with Product Managers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to align business strategy and program execution.
- Anticipating, minimizing and mitigating risks for the Teradata Database release
- Interfacing with other organizations and coordinating schedules/interdependencies
- Work with Product Owners on prioritization
- Identifying quality and productivity improvement actions
- Escalating critical issues as necessary
- Special projects as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 5 years in related program management or engineering management is required for this role.
- This role also requires a demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous complex projects, excellent communication skills and a willingness to provide process guidance to individuals, teams and programs.
- The ideal candidate should have prior experience in project management in a large scale agile environment.
- He or she must have excellent written and oral communication skills and a track record of producing results in a team environment.
- Appropriate certifications (for example, PMP) are desirable.