Las Vegas, NV
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 64 days ago
This position is responsible for developing and executing tests on new and existing products to ensure products meet the functional, technical, and regulatory compliance and maintain high overall product quality. Demonstrates an understanding of the software test methodologies in order to ensure testing efficiency and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops clear and complete test plans and test cases for new and existing system releases and executes them.
• Develops automation test scripts.
• Submits, tracks, and escalates any product issues found during testing to ensure that they are resolved.
• Provides input to the weekly project status report for each assigned project.
• Interfaces with Systems, Game/OS Development, Product Compliance and other Product Development staff to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Understands software test methodologies/procedures and the overall product development lifecycle.
• Reproduces issues when necessary in order to assist software development in resolving issues.
• Works with Level 2 customer support as an interface on field issues and assist with troubleshooting issues in the field.
• Creates and edits reports on bugs found using bug tracking applications.
• Establishes key contacts with upstream organizations that have a direct impact on SQA.
• Mentors new SQA Engineers on assigned projects.
• Organizes and leads inter-departmental project meetings.
• Participates in on-call support rotation.
• Assists on special projects.
• Participates in meetings outside of the working hours.
• Deploys system releases in Regulators’ labs and assist with the submission until approval.
• Occasional travel to customers’ sites for field trials of the tested releases may be required.
Training and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant SQA work experience preferred.
• Experience with SG products is preferred
o Bally Enterprise Progressive System
o Progressive Table Games
o Lottery Gaming System
o Table games, displays, shufflers
• Experience with Electronic Gaming Machines
• Experience with VMWare preferred.
• Experience with SQL is preferred (basic operations and queries).
• Experience with basic networking, routing and switching preferred.
• Experience with Test Automation a plus.
• Experience with PowerShell and DSC a plus.
• Experience with Octopus Deploy a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of computer operation and principles of computer hardware.
• Good understanding of casino operations and slot/table accounting.
• Good knowledge of bug tracking software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• The ability to move between projects with little notice and the ability to adapt quickly
• Detail-oriented and organized.
• Capable of providing input and potential solutions to identified issues.
• Capable of working and completing tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to multi-task.
Job ID #: IRC16401