Upstream oil and gas professionals who are focused on solving tough challenges rely on P2 software, data and analytics solutions to optimize their business performance. We are currently developing our solutions on mobile and in the cloud! More than 1,600 companies from around the world use P2 solutions every day to manage their land assets, measure and process financial information, optimize production, and manage their reserves. With more than 80 years of experience in data and 30 years in software, P2 has offices around the world, and employs approximately 600 people.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
P2 is seeking a Software Quality Engineer who will be working in a diverse, demanding computing environment which requires strong analytical ability, flexibility, communication, and interpersonal skills. This position will be responsible for participating in the design and implementation of automated tests to validate web applications and services. An ideal candidate must have a passion for diving into data, technology, be a problem solver, have a desire to improve software quality within an agile team environment, and you must be a little bit awesome. Awesome takes many different forms. We want you to be awesome in your own way!
- Design and execute manual and automated testing using selected technologies
- Adhere to established testing policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective communication of manual and automated test status, metrics, and issues on a regular basis.
- Report, classify, and perform root cause and injection analysis on software defects.
- Prepare manual and automated test estimation, planning, design, and execution in accordance with approved test strategy.
- Effectively communicate test automation status, metrics, and issues on a regular basis.
- Evaluate testing results and prepare test summary reporting.
- Define and get buy-in from key stakeholders on testing strategy (i.e. testing types, testing techniques, environments, risks, etc.) and test planning for assigned products.
- Participate in the development and support of new automated testing infrastructure, frameworks, tools, and processes.
- Monitor key indicators and measures for assigned products and identify/capture opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in software quality testing or equivalent field.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Working experience as a Quality SME on an agile team.
- Experience working within an Agile team environment.
- Experience with automating test cases via service or UI of a standalone application and end-to-end across multiple application.
- Experience analyzing test failures, debugging code and resolving test failures.
- Clearly and accurately communicate with technical and non-technical personnel both written and verbally.
- Experience in identifying, isolating and tracking software bugs.
- Experience with C#, object oriented programming, Source Control (check in/out, merging), IDEs (creating new project, files, debugging tools).
- Has automated test cases across multiple applications.
- Experience identifying potential problems users may encounter with software.
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development, Gherkin and able to coach colleagues on this concepts.
- Able to perform peer code review.