5 - 7 years
Posted 66 days ago
Skillsoft is seeking a self-motivated and energetic Senior Quality Assurance Engineer. The right candidate must be a team player with strong communication skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires the QA Engineer to hit the ground running with focus on manual and automation testing.
The successful candidate should possess a mix of manual and automated testing experience on web-based applications, as well as a demonstrated ability to create detailed test specifications, test strategy and test plans. Candidate will collaborate with business stakeholders, development teams and the project managers.
Required Skills and Experience:
· BS Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of QA experience.
· 3+ years of experience with test automation.
· Experience testing ERP software.
· Hands on experience with object oriented programming.
· Hands-on experience automating test cases to extend an existing Selenium framework.
· Working knowledge of common software architectures (web/API/DB).
· Experience with API testing tools (ie. SoapUI / JMeter).
· Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test strategy and test plans.
· Experience with web services/API testing.
· Experience performing backend database verifications using SQL.
· Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements.
· Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, detail oriented, confident, quick learner, critical thinker.
· Experience working on medium to large software projects and be able to drive the QA process independently.
· Able to work in an open team space/collaborative environment.
· Designing and building a test automation framework.
· Experience with Java.
· Knowledge of Salesforce.
· Assess the current set of automation tools and framework and make recommendations on automation strategy.
· Work closely within the QA team and across multiple development teams.
· Identify, evaluate and document issues with appropriate priority and severity.
· Execute all components of product testing such as functional, regression and end-to-end testing.
· Conduct test case reviews to ensure test scenarios accurately capture business functionality and requirements.
· Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases for automation.
· Enjoys multi-tasking on a daily basis.
· Collaborate closely with the QA team and Software Developers to keep test case suites up to date.
· Other work-related duties as assigned