Senior Software QA Engineer is responsible for complete end-to-end verification of Natera software systems and services using both manual and automated test strategies. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate, influence, and support remote testing teams to provide corresponding QA environments and deliverables and drive specific quality outcomes
- Prepare integration tests, system test cases. Contribute and conduct system integration testing
- Support and drive consistent, reliable and effective execution of applications/system design into sophisticated and practical testing activities and results.
- Work closely with product management to understand requirements and translate into test plan, test cases, frameworks, and APIs
- Identify test scenarios
- Build a regression test at a service level as well as end-to-end level.
- Setup and maintain environment for billing applications and services. And provide application lifecycle and configuration management.
- Conduct quantitative impact analysis on systems changes, analyze risks and mitigation approaches
- Communicate testing requirements, status, issues and risks with stakeholders
- Write a system driven test (automation test) to check if the code is performing per expectation.
- Must be able to manage releases and builds for both services and UI.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- B.S. or higher in Computing Science, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8years of experience in software development
- Experience with Agile development
- Experienced in software development lifecycle process from build, software configuration, change control, and release and deployment activities
- Work with other engineers to correctly scope and execute manual and automated test coverage
- Ability to balance quality outcomes with product timelines.
- Experience with implementing scalable and sophisticated business rule applications
- Familiar with using Java and Spring framework
- Knowledge of SQL optimization, performance tuning and query design
- Knowledge in REST API design concepts with JSON
- Experience building web-based APIs, frameworks or SDKs
- Experience building enterprise software or business critical systems
- Experience building applications with using cloud technologies
- Good communication skills and show pride and ownership of work and help others achieve the same
- Experience with Release Management
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with a solid analytical background. Work closely with engineers to understand, without adding overhead to their work schedules.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Java, Ruby, Python Programming for Testing
- Experience with building automation frameworks with Junit, Selenium, Maven.
- Knowledge in Java Enterprise Edition
- Relational Database and SQL Programming
- XML and JSON
- General concept of REST API and Micro-services
- Linux Fundamentals
- Quality Assurance Mindset
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times
- Flexible working hours, but must be able to communicate with US team on PST.