Senior Software QA Engineer
The Senior Software QA Engineer candidate will be responsible for all facets of quality assurance and testing including development and maintenance of test libraries, test template creation, test planning, test tool selection, test execution and results reporting. This position will work closely with engineering developers to review new software design, change specifications, and timelines to ensure QA integration points, expectations and test planning. The position will be responsible for all phases of testing, associated management reporting, identification and implementation of process improvements and resource coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop policies and standard operating procedures, as needed, to effectively execute on the principles and responsibilities of software quality assurance.
- Develop and lead the software system testing process, resources, programming in Java, projects and documentation.
- Assist in generation of use cases to ensure that all functional requirements of a system are captured during the product design phase.
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements and established standards, under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Recommend design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the development process.
- Monitor program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 6 years of related work experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience with coding and automating in Java, Java EE, Java REST API, Web UI automation testing, and Linux
- Significant experience with Java and web test frameworks e.g. Junit, RestAssured, Selenium
- Significant experience with test build/deployment tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gerritt, Maven, Artifactory, and testing frameworks e.g. JUnit/TestNG, Selenium
- Proven Experience writing test plans, scripts, automating and validating the testing scripts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and maintaining a cost effective, long-term automation strategy.
- Advanced understanding of Quality Management and "best practices" with regard to testing techniques, methodologies, processes, tools, artifacts, and measurement.
- Proficient in bug tracking and report generating tools
- Solid knowledge of the software development life cycle and Agile methodologies