Our Team builds connected hardware devices and we are looking for a talented Senior Software Program Manager to join our growing Newark, California crew. This Program Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking the development of our Servers, iOS and Android mobile applications, and smart home applications. As the Senior Engineering Program Manager, you will drive development of software programs for Neato robots. You will work closely with engineering and cross-functional teams to consistently deliver highly complex features and arrive at predictable and sustainable releases while maintaining high team morale. You will have a clear vision and understanding of high-level requirements, as well as deep dive into details and execute efficiently throughout the software development life cycle, from planning to monitoring and managing risks, as well as effective and timely communication across project stakeholders.
Are you familiar with the Internet of things? This one's for you!
- Work closely with Product Marketing and Program Management to understand the product vision, and break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets the product requirements. Able to guide the team and facilitate in prototyping software for demo and quick feedback.
- Help innovate and iterate on agile methodologies to integrate with existing and cross-team hybrid XP, scrum and waterfall methodologies
- Work with design resources (internal and/or external) to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team
- Collaborate with cross-functional and geographically remote teams to define, design, and ship new features. Develop best practices in fast evolving and dynamic environments in order to ship new features, including effective bug triage and issue resolution
- Identify and manage risks and communicate status to project stakeholders
- 5+ years of project management experience, especially with web-based / mobile products
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and the Marketing department
- Experience with Pivotal Tracker a strong plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Extreme programming
- Experience with building, hiring and managing SW Program Managers a plus.
- Previous success working with an agile development team
- Background in design or software development a plus
5+ years of technical project management experience, especially with software development. Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering) is preferred.