What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to directly fulfill the IDEXX mission to provide innovative products that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers, and that impact the future of the industry and the success of IDEXX.
What can you expect?
In this role, you’ll work with a globally based Product Management team to develop strategy and set business goals. You will also help develop product roadmap and/or product positioning which includes creating, updating and maintaining the marketing materials, and developing communication strategies.
You will work as product lead in new product development and product support teams where you will provide direction on product design, performance, positioning, delivery and launch.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Gathering customer insights that inform needs and solution opportunities; turning these insights into new features and capabilities, as well as enhancing existing ones.
- Managing complex projects and advancing a strategy which meets the unique business service that is VetConnect PLUS worldwide
- Assist/define/establish/achieve all financial and other objectives.
- Assist/responsible for operating performance, customer experience, and customer loyalty.
- Develop and implement products and features to maximize IDEXX’s return from targeted markets and customer segments.
- Identify customer needs and market trends. Research competitor products and maintain competitive comparisons and evaluations. Gather insights to shape the direction of the product.
- Define target markets and segmentation and clarify product commercial potential.
- Coordinate with marketing, engineering, research and development, customer support, operations, sales, finance and other stakeholders to manage projects and ensure overall product success.
- Communicate with customers to gain feedback on user experiences and opportunities. Ensure correct features are identified, prioritized and negotiated to build best possible set of features to be included and developed in the new features/capabilities.
- May mentor, train and coach others.
What do you need to succeed?
Key skills and abilities relating strong financial acumen, reasoning and analytics, project management, deep technical understanding, influencing without authority, strong communication and presentation skills, the drive and the ability to take ownership of all aspects associated with managing a product area.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred), advanced degree in technology or business preferred
- 5+ years of marketing and/or product manager experience
- Technical literacy related to product and software integration, development and delivery.