Are you a great developer who loves to build great software and solve difficult performance problems? Do the hard problems always seem to land on your desk because you’re the only one who can solve them? Do you want to spend more time building software than attending meetings? Are you excited about iterating rapidly and getting code into customers' hands quickly? Come work for us and unleash your true potential. Smartsheet is looking for a Senior Software Performance Developer to join our growing engineering team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and results oriented. We work in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software. We are looking for the most highly motivated and intelligent individuals. Here is a short video showing Smartsheet overview:
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle, from concept to release.
- Identify and perform root cause analysis of performance, scalability and availability issues, across the entire application stack (front-end, back-end and services), and suggest and implement improvements.
- Evaluate the performance of and tune Java, SQL, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, memcache, Tomcat and other systems.
- Serve as a performance evangelist to the rest of the engineering team.
- Assist in the implementation of new features and improving the ones we have already built.
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- 2+ years performance-focused experience, on both client and server sides.
- Experience building and performance-tuning highly scalable, high availability applications.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience.