We are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on high performing teams!
The IBM Chief Information Office organization is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead the work on their internal search engine, transforming the employee digital workplace experience.
We play a major role in delivering technology to the IBM digital workplace the discoverability of tools and information is a significant part of that. Our intranet is vast, with millions of assets indexed, and offers unique challenges. We are looking for a leader with experience driving engineering innovation in Information Retrieval, comfortable making data-driven decisions, and leading technical teams. In this fast-paced and expanding organization, we foster an environment of continuous innovation and working in agile teams.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience in Information Retrieval, Full-Text Search, and Ranking functions
- Experience with SOLR / Elastic, Redis or Java
- Ability to direct several initiatives and manage priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent related technical discipline
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent related technical discipline
- 7 plus years’ experience in cloud application development
- Familiarity with C++ or Python
- Track record of being able to attract and retain talented engineers