This is what you’ll do:
- Help us make our software robust & assist with feature integration.
- Debug functional issues on the vehicle where the root cause could span across any combination of physical, electrical, and software elements.
- Maintain a high level overview of the current state of each new software release branch and feature development.
- Prioritize and escalate issues based on their impact to the user and to the program.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the overall health and stability of Rivian’s vehicle software.
- Triage bugs and perceived issues, escalating when appropriate and driving to resolution.
- Provide vehicle wide expertise in the integration and bring-up of new architectures and component revisions thus ensuring that new configurations work as expected.
- Support and coordinate between factory engineers and the rest of the development teams to ensure 100% test coverage at the factory.
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working on electromechanical devices.
- Software development experience. Able to read/debug code, familiar with Git, Jira, and software development lifecycle.
- Excellent documentation and organization skills
- Good communication, able to convey both detailed explanations and high level status updates and know when each is appropriate.
- Automotive, CAN, Ethernet experience a plus.