Experienced Lead Software Engineer responsible for the research, design, development, integration and testing of embedded software for implementation in software-defined radio applications. Working in a team environment, design and develop software components required to integrate and test features and capabilities for software defined radios.
Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (requirements analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding, unit test, integration, system level test). Consult with other cross-functional engineering staff (electrical, antenna, systems) to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements of the overall system. Operates independently with minimal direction from technical leads.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyzes requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Conduct/participate in design reviews.
- Develops embedded software utilizing Object Oriented C, Assembly, and/or VDHL
- Performs software/FPGA/hardware component integration while identifying, tracking and repairing defects.
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of Object Oriented C, Assembly, and/or VHDL Experience
- 7+ years of digital signal processing or image processing
- 7+ years of embedded software development on a real-time operating system
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of signal processing algorithms
- Experience with Tactical Radio Communications waveforms and lab equipment
- CMMI and standard software development processes
- Knowledge of DSPs, Linux, embedded real-time operating systems
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
Job ID: CS20182702-23600