Senior Software Engineering Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Online Advertising & Marketing Services
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 73 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our next generation experience team. The team is building our next generation experiences for our small business customers to help them start, grow and run their venture. If you have the passion, enthusiasm and ability for growing high functioning and collaborative teams to create compelling web and mobile interactions for customers on their way to making their small businesses great, we would like to talk to you!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to be a part of our team working on the next generation of user experiences for our customers. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for passionate people to share our vision. We are a diverse team that focuses on mobile first design and interactions that will help solve the problems and needs for people trying to be great at what they do in their small business.
The development stack spans both Web (React) & Native (React Native) development along with other current front-end and back-end technologies including ES2015+, SASS, Webpack, Node.js, and Cassandra.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about doing the right thing for the customer and want to learn and grow with new technologies and opportunities. If you want to work with smart people doing work that will be used by millions of people every day, we would like to talk to you!
- Lead your team of high-performing Engineers by providing both career guidance and technical vision for the product.
- Drive design and development of globally distributed services to provide next generation customer experiences.
- Design resilient and redundant services to maintain high availability.
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices.
- Participate in devops, release and on-call activities in support of the platform.
- Engage with engineers & stakeholders across GoDaddy to solve problems with broad impact (from group-wide to company-wide impact).
- Participate in ensuring a high quality and performant system that engages and delights customers.
- Experience managing a high-functioning team of engineers that delivers scalable cloud experiences on web and/or native mobile platforms.
- Highly motivated, highly collaborative individuals
- Passion to develop elegant yet pragmatic solutions to solve real-world business scenarios.
- Strong desire to learn and to grow and to coach engineers to do the same.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
- You have a strong understanding of git and git-based workflows. Experience managing Open Source projects a plus.
- You have experience working with highly agile development teams.
- You work closely with a team of experts across disciplines to design and implement very high quality code.
- You have worked with a wide set of front end technologies such as Less, Sass, React, Vue.js, Ember, Next.js, Angular, Backbone and/or jQuery. Experience with React Native a plus.
- 7+ years of industry experience designing, building, and shipping software.
- 3+ years of experience as a lead or people manager.
Job ID R001677