Castlight's Engineering team is searching for a Senior Software Engineering Manager who has strong technical skills. The candidate should be able to ensure that their team is delivering well-engineered solutions in a collaborative and trusting environment. The candidate needs to be able to foster mutual trust and respect from their team. What we need from you is the dedication to help provide an environment where the engineers on the team feel that this is the most rewarding professional experience of their career.
- Lead a team of talented software engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
- Help develop their careers and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Hiring, developing and retaining top talent and being responsible for the overall team.
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team's code, architecture, and processes.
- Manage competing priorities.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineering Manager managing a team of at least 5 software engineers.
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer prior to being a manager using current software engineering best practices.
- Should have experience in Java technology stack. Experience with Ruby a plus.
- Should have extensive experience with back-end and full-stack development.
- Experience with front-end technologies, including Angular a plus.
- Deep technical and architectural skills, so you can guide the team and oversee the amazing work that they are doing.
- Experience and passion for Agile development methodologies, test-driven development, continuous integration/continuous delivery, and automated testing.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and committed to driving large projects to completion in a SaaS environment.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Great people skills, especially when it comes to influencing peers and people across teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.